Pin It

The joys of Jollibee’s 39ers

S6300003

I remember my Korean friend Andy Park, who loved the Jollibee burger steak and the Lucky Me Pancit Canton so much that the first thing he did when he came back to visit after 10 years was to go the nearest Jollibee from his hotel in downtown Manila and stuff himself with all the Jollibee Burger Steak he could eat. He says he loves it because it was cheap and delicious. For the rest of his stay, he purposely chose a hotel that had a kitchenette so that he could cook Lucky Me Pancit Canton every day for one whole week. Obviously, he loved the Pancit Canton too for the same reasons.

S6300008

Aren’t we all on the lookout for cheap and delicious food? I was happy to have seen the Jollibee 39ers meals. Imagine, complete meals (with veggies!) at P39.00 (US$0.85)! Not a bad deal, I think, considering that usual lunch fare at your average carinderia (street eateries) costs the same or sometimes more than P50.00 (US$1.65).

S6300001

Burger steak with veggies, P39.00 (US$0.85).

S6300002

Beef with rice, P39.00 (US$0.85).

S6300005

Spring Rolls (4 pieces) with rice, P39.00 (US$0.85).

With these prices, would you still choose the carinderia? By the way, the 39ers are only available from Mondays to Fridays. My weekends are reserved for Chickenjoy!

7 Responses to “The joys of Jollibee’s 39ers”

1. Ang Kuwago says:

I could actually subsist on Lucky Me Pancit Canton! ;-)

2. jhed says:

Not a bad deal.

3. mercy says:

I suddenly missed our old friend. ” Bakit, bakit ba…” (knocking at your door)

4. rommel says:

ayos yan ha… hehhee…

na miss ko tuloy yun 39ners ng jollibee… hehhehe

5. Joyceee says:

i love the Jbee 39ers… it’s my ultimate tipid meal. sayang they don’t have the burger steak plus lumpia anymore… :-)

• Yogha says:

yummy burger steak! i haven’t tried hemomade burger steak. usually we eat out from restaurants. I have to try this soon.I am sorry for the super late blog-hopping. If you haven’t visited yet, here is my Food Trip Friday (April 1 issue) entry:

6. sampaguita says:

Wow! mukhang matipid at masarap nga ang mga ito. Pag-uwi ko siguradong mag Jo-Jolibee ako.