As we would very much like to think that staying healthy is all about eating the right food, it can also be about wearing the right accessories. For the longest time, I had thought Phiten was a brand name for badminton rackets and sports apparel. Though they do have apparel, they don’t sell badminton rackets. Their titanium is mainly in their bracelets and necklaces. It is believed to be able regulate the body’s bio-electric current helping the wearer relax more and suffer less pain.
I can echo all the marketing talk I heard about Phiten, but I would like to go to the heart of this blog post. Does it really work? The ultimate answer is dependent on other questions whose answers I will just list down. These are information that I found out by both trying the product and researching about it.
1. How much is a necklace? A bracelet? The range is pretty wide. Necklaces and bracelets sell from P1,500 to P15,000, depending on the design. According to their sales and marketing department, there are varying degrees of the pureness in terms of titanium content, thus the varying prices. The more concentrated, the higher the price and efficacy.
2. Will the bioelectric regulating ions cease to be emitted after it “expires”? No, as long as the necklace or bracelet is not severed, it will continue to balance the negative and positive ions in your body. A Phiten never expires, as long as it is not cut.
3. Does it have to be in contact with the skin to work? Nope. You can have it on your person as mobile phone strap and it will still work, according to their people. As such, Phiten also has shirts, pillows, blankets and even house paint (no kidding) that will work as well as the necklaces and bracelets, if not better.
4. Have there been reported side effects from prolonged exposure to Phiten products? I had to ask this one. Phiten people have been steadfast in saying that there has never been any complaint about the titanium. Titanium is the same metal used for bone surgery. Because it is the only metal that is not rejected by the human body and also because it is not ingested, it is very safe.
5. Does Phiten work? If I am to base my answer on their number of believers, I’d say it does. So many athletes, businessmen, office workers and senior citizens across the globe who swear that it works for them. Phiten detractors say that it is mostly the placebo effect. Anything you pick up and believe that it will work for you, will work for you. Call it what you will but there is definitely something working here for Phiten. After exposing myself to this titanium product for more than 24 hours now, I feel that my carpal tunnel pains have been significantly lessened. Placebo? Perhaps, but there are so many people believing in it, like the members of the PBA and scions of wealthy taipans. Movie actors, celebrities and other captains of industry mostly wear the Phiten necklace or bracefight. Still think it’s all in the mind? Millions of people can’t be THAT wrong.
Skeptic? Try one of their bracelets or necklaces and find out for yourself.